About Brandon Bishop:
A 2003 graduate of the University of Alabama School of Law, Brandon practiced for ten years with Gaines, Gault, Hendrix & Bishop, P.C., an insurance defense firm. While a defense attorney, Brandon tried numerous jury trials throughout the State of Alabama. He also frequently provided claims training to various automobile liability carriers, and was a selected member of insurance defense organizations such as Defense Research Institute (DRI) and Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM).
In 2013, Brandon “switched sides” after accepting a position with Alexander Shunnarah Personal Injury Attorneys. He currently handles automobile, trucking, road construction and insurance bad faith cases on behalf of injured persons.
An active member of Covenant Presbyterian Church, Brandon enjoys spending time with his wife and four kids. He also enjoys running, hunting, fly-fishing and all things Auburn football.
Awards and Recognition
Named by The Alabama Jury Verdict Reporter as one of “The Most Prolific Trial Attorneys of Alabama.” Selected by peers for inclusion on the 2011, 2012 & 2013 “Alabama Rising Stars” lists compiled by Super Lawyers and Birmingham Magazine’s “Top Attorneys” 2011, 2012 & 2013.
**AV-Rated By Martindale Hubbell**
Experience & Cases
Alexander Shunnarah Personal Injury Lawyers, P.C., 2013-Present
Gaines, Gault, Hendrix & Bishop, P.C., 2011-2013
Gaines, Wolter & Kinney, P.C., 2003-2011
B.S., Auburn University (1999)
J.D., University of Alabama School of Law (2003)
Bench & Bar Legal Honor Society
National Trial Advocacy Team<
Student Bar Association Senator
Recipient of Raynold Chiz and Clayton Hopton Jones Academic Scholarships
Georgia Peach Taylor Award recipient, 2002 and 2003, for outstanding performance on the University of Alabama National Trial Team
American Judicature Society Award for Trial Advocacy
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Alabama Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Litigating the Low-Impact Collision Cases: Damages, Demands and Settlement Negotiations, National Business Institute
- Managing Liens and Subrogation in Auto Accident Litigation – Resolution Strategies, National Business Institute
- Bad Faith 101- Litigating Insurance Coverage Issues, Barristers Educational Services
- Auto Injuries: Advances Plaintiff Strategies, National Business Institute
Publications and News
- Attorneys file lawsuit against BJCTA, bus driver for Fairfield crash, com (2/13/15)
- Shunnarah’s personal injury firm adds several former insurance defense attorneys, Birmingham Business Journal (11/3/14)
- Slideshow: Take the tour of Shunnarah’s new Five Points office, Birmingham Business Journal (6/7/13)