About David Graves:
Prior to joining Alexander Shunnarah Personal Injury Attorneys, P.C., David Graves served our country during five years of active duty as a Calvary officer. He was then employed at AmSouth Bank for two years before focusing on his career in law. With only six months left in the Army Reserves, Graves was sent to Iraq for a year only one semester in to law school. In Iraq, he was focused on building governance and worked in rule of law. Graves worked for the federal prosecutor and gained rate and substantial professional experience to bring home with him.
He met Alexander Shunnarah in 2010 and began practicing under his supervision until he passed the bar. His focus now is mainly trial work and personal injury.
David lives in Birmingham with his wife and three kids, and remains active in the United States Army Reserves as a Lieutenant Colonel.
Experience & Cases
- Alexander Shunnarah Personal Injury Attorneys, PC, 2010-Present
- Millions recovered for clients.
- 2nd Most prolific civil trial lawyer in the state of Alabama in 2013 as recognized in the Alabama Jury Verdict Reporter
- Jury verdict of $130,000 on arthroscopic knee surgery in a case with a pretrial offer of only $1,000
- CarrAllison/Gaines, Wolter & Kinney, 2008-2009
- Law Clerk
- United States Army Civil Affairs, 2006-2007
- Team Leader, in direct support of the Department of Justice in Tikrit, Iraq
- AmSouth Bank, 2003-2005
- Manager of the Crestline Branch in Mountain Brook, AL
- United States Army – Active Duty, 1998-2003
- Junior Military Officer in numerous positions of leadership from Scout Platoon Leader through Infantry Company Commander stationed in Ft. Polk, LA and Ft. Benning, GA
- United States Military Academy at West Point
- Bachelor of Science, Political Science, Minor in Systems Engineering, 1998
- Cumberland School of Law
- Juris Doctor, 2010
- Alabama State Bar
- Tennessee State Bar
- Alabama Association of Justice
- Birmingham Inns of Court
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 6173
- American Legion Post 134
- Guest Speaker at the Over The Mountain 911 Ceremony – 9/11/2010
Publications and News
Automobile Accidents – What do I do Next? The Attorneys TV (4/22/2013)
Motorcycle Accidents The Attorneys TV (6/7/2015)